12 Best Weight Loss Exercises For Women
Having a perfectly equipped gym is a dream of every women who wishes to stay fit and more importantly have a toned body. Women play different role in their life. They do job, take care of home, do cooking, look after kids, the list seems to be endless. In this chaotic life, one duty a women forget to do is taking care of her own health. We either give excuse of the work load or ignore because of being tired mentally and physically. This results into weight gain, loss of muscles in body, and low bone density.
But, if you are determined to keep yourself fit, there are series of exercise you can do at home which will help you to lose weight and tone your body in just few months. Following are the list of exercise which are easy to practice at home. All you need is 2 to 3 kg pair of dumbbells, yoga mat and strong will. I myself practice these exercises at home and it has shown immense effect on me. Hope they work same for you.
- Straight Leg Kicks: This is a dynamic stretching exercise, which prevents your body from getting injured, improves flexibility and warms up body muscles. To practice straight leg kicks, stand straight and raise the leg as high as you can. Try touching raised leg toe with the opposite arm. Repeat this with another leg for 1 minute.
- High Knee Run: Running on the spot is a great warm up exercise. Stand straight, bring your knees up till they reach to your chest. Your main aim while practicing high knee run to bring your knees high and as fast as possible. Practice this for 1 minute
- Walking Lunges: Lunges is a great exercise if you want to develop strong thigh muscles and tone hips. Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart, hands by your side. Step far forward with one leg keeping your body weight entirely on the bend leg. Repeat this with the other leg. Practice this routine for 1 minute and you can also use 2 to 3 kg dumbbell if you want to practice advance level of walking lunges.
- Mountain Climbers: This exercise is easy to practice and great workout to tome your arms and leg muscles also to build your cardio vascular strength. Place your hands on the floor, slightly wider than your shoulder width. Start with the plank position, push one leg forward under body and other leg backwards. Keep light on your feet and weight equally divided on your shoulders. Practice the routine for 1 minute as fast as you can.
- Squats: This is exercise is best for your body if want to build muscles or reduce extra flab from body. For practicing squats, stand with your feet about shoulder width apart, now push your body down so that your body weight is equally divided on your both legs. Push down until your thighs are at least parallel to the floor and return back to starting position. For best result practice squats for 1 minute daily. You can also use 2 to 3 kg weights while doing squats.
- Plank: If you want to tighten your abs, strengthen your core and shape your back, plank is the best exercise for you. Though it look simple, you need to have patience and maintain balance while doing plank exercise. Lie face down on yoga mat resting the forearms flat on the floor. Now push off the floor, balancing your body on your elbows and toes. Keep your back flat in level to your hips. Hold this position for 40 to 60 seconds.
- Push Ups: Most of the women think that push-ups is the exercise for males. Well that is absolutely wrong. Push-ups helps you strengthen your shoulders and arms. For this lie prone on mat with hands slightly wider than shoulder width. Raise body up off floor keeping body in straight line. Now, lower body to floor by bending arms. Push body in the starting position. Pushups are difficult to do in start but once your body is tuned, practice 1 minute daily.
- Triceps Push Ups: This exercise is slight modified version of pushups. Slow sets of pushups can strengthen your arm and tone triceps area gradually. Similar to as regular push-ups, place your hands flat on the floor, but position them closer than shoulder-width apart. Slowly lower your body to the floor until it is almost touching it, then push back up until your arms are fully extended. Make sure to keep your body in a straight line from head to toe. Repeat this as per your strength.
- Side Plank: This is the best exercise for women who wish to get rid of their love handles, tone stomach and strengthen the core. Lie on your right side with your legs straight. Prop yourself on your right elbow so your body forms a diagonal line. Hold this position for 30 seconds and slowly return back to the floor. Practice same with the left side for 30 seconds.
- Hip Lifts: Practice this exercise correctly and you will have sexy flat stomach in just short span of time. Hip Lifts not only tone your stomach but also relaxes your back muscles. To do hip lifts you need yoga mat. Lie on back on yoga mat and bend your leg from knees. Exhale as you lift the hips and inhale as you lower them slowly. You should feel tension on your thighs and not on your back. Use your hand to support your back if you practicing it for the first time. Practice this for 1 minute daily.
- Reverse Crunches: One of the major area that needs toning in women’s body is the lower abdomen area which is often flabby. Lie straight on your back on yoga mat. Raise your legs in a 90 degree. Now use your abdomen muscles to pull body upwards by raising your hips. Keep both hands on your side to maintain body balance. Repeat this exercise for 1 minute.
- Bicycles: This is a very effective exercise to get wash board stomach and tone thighs. Lie straight on yoga mat and hands tuck behind your head. Now raise your right leg, bend from knee till it reaches for chest area. Now raise your head and try touching your left hand elbow with your right knee. Follow the same with your left leg. Your movement should controlled so that you feel all the tension on your core. Practice this for 1 minute.
While doing this exercise take 30 second to 1 minute break if feel tired. Also, do stretch exercise of hand, leg and back once you finished this routine. This will help your body to relax muscles and reduce stress.
I practice this routine every alternate day. For the other days, I go for 3 km walk, practice yoga for 30 minutes with some core exercise. It might be difficult in start, but once you start noticing weight loss and toning of your muscles, I bet no one can stop you from keeping your body fit and healthy.