Recently I went to shop for my favorite Levi’s Curve ID jeans. While trying with different pants, I found one girl standing looking at her rear side. I noticed that she was not exactly happy on what was in front of her. She was quite slim and her butts were really flat. Not that I am making fun of girls who have flat butts. Most of us are not blessed with curves on the right places. But, there’s always a hard but sure shot way to get what you always want.
A flat butt can make you feel self-conscious about your body. So, if you desire for rounder, shapelier butt that gives proper definition to lower part of your body, a combination of cardiovascular workouts and strength training exercise is very much needed that also helps strengthening of your legs too. A proper combination of these exercises will help you tone butt muscles, reduce excessive fat, built strength and redefine shape of your backside.
Exercises to redefine your Butt Shape:
- Lunges: It’s the most effective exercise to tone your gluteus muscles and legs. To practice lunges, keep your feet shoulder-width apart and your back straight. Lower your rear and bend your knees as if you are going to sit on chair. Make sure your foot remains flat on the floor while practicing lunges. Practice lunges 15 to 20 times in 2 sets.
- Squats: Like squats, lunges also work on the major muscles of your lower body. Practicing this exercise will also improve your body balance. Take right leg forward, keeping your back straight. Bend your right leg knee to about 90 degrees. Keep your body weight on your back toes and pull your body downwards so that your back foot knee gets close to floor but not touching it. Practice squats 15 to 20 times in 2 sets.
- Dead Lifts: Stand straight keeping your feet shoulder-width apart and hands on your side. Bend your knees slightly, and try touching your feet. Hold the position for 5 seconds and come to starting position. Practice dead lift 15 to 20 times in 2 sets.
- Hip Extensions: Lie face down, your body balanced on your knees and hand. Tighten your abs and lift until it forms straight line of your body. Hold your leg for 5 seconds then lower down slowly. Repeat it with the other leg. Practice hip lifts 15 to 20 times in 2 sets.
- Cardio Workouts: The best way to make any workout effective is to practice it with any kind of cardio workout. Go for running, cycling, swimming or just walk on tread mill for 30 minutes. This will warm your body to form any kind of workout focused on specific part.
Any kind of strength training won’t shape and tone your muscles as the fat is not equally spread on body. By incorporating cardiovascular exercise, you can burn fat all over and tone your gluteus muscles. Perform 15 to 20 minutes of cardio exercise before practicing your butt-toning strength-training moves for faster and effective results.
Hope this article help to have great Butt year ahead.
Today is my Birthday and I just entered in my 30s. Seems like dooms day when I woke up in the morning. Am I really that old? I became nostalgic remembering the time when I was young, cheerful and less haywire which I am today. Not that I hate my life, but it’s just I miss being more chirpy which I used to be.
To honor, the symbol of courage, Nirbhaya who passed away last year on 16th December, Whistling Woods International (WWI), an institute for studies in film, media and fashion, release a YouTube video on the same day this year to drive awareness on Women Empowerment. The video titled ‘Dekh Le’, which has been issued in public interest by WWI has already picked up quite well among the online viewers who watched the video over 349k times in just 5 days of its launch.
Already it has been a year since that horrific gang rape case in Delhi, but till date we hear news about rapes, sexual assualt, molestations cases almost every day. Specially in India, men look at women in public places as if they are watching a display item, as though women exist on a television screen. But, in reality, these women do see the men staring at them, and those stares make them feel not only uncomfortable and objectified today, but downright unsafe as well.
This short film ‘Dekh Le’ produced by WWI alumni, Ketan Rana is a film on ‘Women Empowerment’ has four different scenarios setup in traffic, on a bus, in a train and in a cafe where women are subjected to ever-pervasive male gaze while going about their daily lives out in the public. But then a reflective surface, be it sunglasses or a necklace, turns these gazes back towards the men.
Have you ever faced embarrassment when someone looks at your heels and comments “Ewww”?
Do you often try to hide your feet from others to see when in public?
If your answer to the above questions is yes, then don’t worry you’re not alone. Almost every person have dry skin or cracked heel problems which tends to get worse in winter. There are many people especially women who wish to carry on with that good looking dress with matching sandals. But they couldn’t do that because of their cracked heels. They often try to hide their feet with socks or longer feet covering dresses or sarees. Such long sarees or dresses often make it difficult to walk or you may also lose balance and injure yourself. So if you have cracked heels don’t try to hide it instead try to understand the causes of cracked heels and heal them.
The main reason behind cracked heels is the result of ignorance towards foot care, lack of moisture and over exposure of feet to dry weather and dust. Continuous pressure on the soles make the feet expand sideways resulting skin to crack.
Common reasons for having cracked heels are:
- Cold or dry weather in winter
- Dehydration of skin or Dry Skin
- Lack of moisture in feet
- Soaking feet in hot water for longer time
- Hot bath
- Excessive usage of harsh soap
- Scrubbing feet till the skin gets chipped or dry
Home remedies to tend cracked rough heels:
- Massage your heels with sesame oil before you hit the bed. Sesame oil is apparently the best remedy for cracked heels.
- Massage your heels with warm coconut oil. Rinse it in the morning to get soft heels.
- Mix glycerin with few drops of rosewater and apply the mix on the heels daily. This will soothes cracked heels and reduces the pain in heels.
- Take 1/4th bucket of warm water and squeeze one lemon in it. Soak your feet for 10 minutes and wash it with pumice stone. You can use raw salt instead to get natural pedicure for your feet and this will exfoliate dead skin too. If your cracked heels tend to bleed, avoid putting lemon in water or scrubbing feet with pumice stone.
- Prepare a mixture of lemon juice and papaya; apply on the cracked heels. Let it be there for 20 minutes at least and wash off.
- Apply fresh aloe vera on your cracked heels to make them softer naturally. You can also prepare a mixture of aloe vera gel, ½ tsp. of turmeric, ½ tsp. of Tulsi paste and pinch of camphor; apply daily on your cracked heels before sleeping. Rinse in morning.
- Take a ripe banana, mash it and apply on the affected areas. Let the mixture be there for 15 minutes at least and wash off.
- One can also create foot scrub at home. Mix sugar with any oil (coconut oil, sesame oil or oil of your choice) and scrub your feet in regular motion. It will not only cure your cracked heels but also remove dead skin from your feet.
- Last but the most important tip; drink lots and lots of water to keep your skin hydrated.
Other Tips to Keep Your Heels for Longer Time:
- Wear shoes of exact size. Thin sole shoes expose your feet to dust resulting into cracked feet.
- Scrub and Exfoliate your feet regularly.
- Moisturize your feet regularly especially heels.
- Wash your feet when you come home from outside
- Use good creams for your feet.
Winter is the most pleasing season to me as I have to bear less heat as compared to rest of the year. But the biggest problem of living in the plains is your skin becomes too dry in winter. As the winter has arrived, my skin becomes super dry and wrinkled which I absolutely hate it.
Main Cause of Dry Skin:
Dry skin problem occurrence cannot be because of one single reason. The causes can be due to external and internal reasons. External factors are the most common cause of dry skin problems among women which include factors like cold temperatures, low humidity, bathing with too hot water, over use of harsh soap and improper use of moisturizer on skin. Sometimes, even certain clothing can also affect dry skin. Materials such as wool or synthetic fibers tend to irritate the skin and worsen dry skin problems.
When you have flaky, itchy, dry skin – you wish to have a faster relief and that too for a longer time. Cold creams give soothing effect to your skin but it only last for 3 to 4 hours. To lock the moisture on your skin for longer time, use natural products that nourish your skin and rejuvenate the dead cells of skin.
This year I have decided to save money by not investing so much on skin creams and use homemade packs which gives a good amount of moisture to my skin throughout winter. All the packs are really easy to make and made from easily available ingredients
Face Packs for Dry Skin Problem
- Cream – Honey Face Mask: For those who have super dry skin, mix a spoon of milk cream and honey. Apply this mixture on your face and neck and let it there for about 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water and dab your face with clean towel gently. Milk Cream moisture your skin while honey will gives glow to your face. You can also use rose water in this mixture.
- Almond Oil – Milk Face Mask: Mix a spoon of almond oil with two spoons of raw milk and apply on your face for 10 minutes or so. Wash it off with cold water. Almond Oil – Milk Face Mask is wonderful if your skin looks dull. This mix contains goodness of milk and the hydrating properties of almond oil which restores the softness in skin. Also, almond oil penetrates your skin and restores the moisture content in your skin.
- Rosewater – Strawberry Face Mask: This time save few strawberries for your face before you relish them. Blend few strawberries and mix it with rose water. Apply this to your face for 20 minutes and risen off with cold water. Strawberry is rich in Vitamin C as well as omega-3 fatty acids which helps removes the dullness of skin making it softer.
- Banana – Rose Water Face Mask: Banana contains moisturizing properties. Mix a spoon full of mashed banana with rose water. You can add few drops of honey too if you have dull skin problem. Apply the mask and wait for 20 minutes, then rinse off. You will get a smooth, soft and radiant skin in just few minutes.
For the best results, you should apply the face pack at least two times a week. Choose the face pack as per you skin type so that it gets required nourishment. If you are allergic to any to the ingredients, avoid using that face pack as it might aggravate acne problem on your skin.