Dieting is not an easy task to do. This requires lot of discipline, patience and time. Most of the people starve themselves while dieting which actually is a worse thing to do. Starving yourself will slow down your metabolism which actually results into weight gain. Also you will lose important nutrients from your body. Instead, while dieting if you eat right food in adequate quantity, do proper exercise and rest, you will be shedding weight much faster than by starving yourself. The following are the list of the foods which should be included in your daily diets to lose weight in proper manner.
- Honey: It’s a sweet remedy for obesity. Honey dissolves extra fat deposits in the body and converts this fat into energy for normal body function. To get maximum benefit, take 10 gms (1 tbs) of Honey in a lukewarm water in early morning.
- Leafy Vegetables: It has the most essential part in the diet plan and nutrients available in vegetables improve person’s health. Since leafy vegetables are less in calories and high in fiber, it make you feel full for a longer time. Avoiding green vegetables will deprive your body from the nutrients that is necessary to built immunity of your body.
- Curd: When you plan for diet, the first thing you avoid is a milk product which is actually very wrong. Milk is the main source of calcium and vitamins. Curd and buttermilk has probiotic microorganisms which will improve your digestion. It’s also helps to cope up with stomach problems, osteoporosis, dysentery and vaginal infections.
- Moong Dal: Rich with Vitamin A, B, C and E and minerals such as calcium, iron and potassium, Moong Dal has very low fat content that is why it is recommended in many slimming programs. This lentil improves digestion, stabilizes blood sugar and lowers cholesterol level.
- Millets: Most consumed millets in Indian food are jowar, bajra, ragi. Millets are good in absorbing bad cholesterol which reduces the effects of heart attack. It’s the best form of diet for obese or diabetic people.
- Garlic: Used by most of the Indians either in curry or chutney, garlic is a great healthy food for weight loss. It burns excessive fat in body and the anti-bacterial property helps reduce cholesterol and unhealthy fats.
- Turmeric: Known for its medicinal properties, Turmeric is used in India for more than 2500 years. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and antibacterial agents which are helpful in disinfecting cuts and burns. If consumed daily it prevents the formation of cancer cells in body.
- Cardamom: This spice is generally used in any food preparation to enhance the aroma. But Cardamom is an excellent food item when we think of weight loss. Cardamom enhances appetite and also helps those who suffer from acidity and gas.
- Chilies: This is one of very popular spices that are used in every kitchen around the world. Chili peppers contain several health benefiting compounds such as capsaicin, vitamin-C, vitamin-A, and flavonoid anti-oxidants that improves the digestion of the person.
- Watermelon: It’s the juiciest fruit which contains 92% water and 8% good nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, potassium and lycopene. Watermelon improves digestion and also gives you many important nutrients to boost your immunity.
Dieting should be done in the natural way rather than going for chemical based dieting pills as they tend to have major side effects on your body. Instead of starving, eating balanced food with right exercise will give you the body you always wished for.