It’s not easy to enjoy your life when you are stuck between work deadlines and household stuff. To get rid of this pressure, we do plan a lot but after sometime we get back to where we started off. So, to solve this issue from your life, in this article I will give you some time management tips that will improve your organizational skills and eventually increase productivity which I tried myself effectively.
- Prepare in Advance: Try preparing your work list the night before for the following day. It’s always best to plan your entire schedule for the next day before you retire at home. When you plan for your next day the night before, your subconscious mind starts working on the plans and goals even when you are asleep. This will help you sleep more soundly and when you wake up in the morning, all the ideas will be clear in your head. Practicing this every night will increase the productivity of the very next day work.
- Scheduling Your Time: Dividing time of your daily work reduces stress and releases energy. By using your organizational skills to plan your day, week or month gives you a great feeling of control. This also increases your productivity to great extent giving you much time to enjoy other things in life. Other than this, it also gives boost to your self-esteem and sense of personal power.
- Start Day Early: The best way to increase your productivity is to start your day bit early. This give you more time to sit, think and plan your whole day. This is the best way to organize your life, especially when you are a working men or women. Many people rise early to get more time to think and recharge their body with some exercise. As a result, they are more active in comparison to those who sleep till last minute. A few minutes of clear thinking can save your many hours executing the task. When you plan your rest of the day early, you tend to be more calm, organized and clear head throughout the day.
- Become More Organized: More than 30% of your daily time is wasted in locating the misplaced thing both at home and at work. By keeping things at a proper place and filing the papers correctly you can save much of your energy and time. This will also help reduce your frustration level at the time when you try to find the misplaced item. You can also tag all the files to save the time of identifying them.
- Avoid Distractions: Most of us spend 1 to 2 hours in checking our emails or social media sites which actually takes the majority of time in the morning when we sit for work. Instead try keeping this for first 15 minutes to check if there is anything important. If not, then you can start your work with a fresh mind. You can check your social media sites while on the break time or when you are tired of working. This will reduce the break time in work and will increase your efficiency eventually.
One can attain productivity by the combination of intelligent planning and focused efforts. Staying efficient at home as well as productive at work can be a challenging task but with the practice of following the above tips, you can achieve efficiency both at home or at work and hence increase productivity.