It’s a dream of every woman to look beautiful and have the everlasting, clearer, glowing skin, throughout the life. However, even though you take care of your skin daily, due to the growing pollution, harsh sunlight and hectic schedules inviting stress and anxiety, the dream of clearer and glowing skin seems a distant one.
Whether it’s the hormonal changes in younger teenage girls or the stress of day-to-day lives for adults, the skin becomes vulnerable to pimples or acne, tanning, blemishes, spots that restricts the skin from having clearer flawless skin. Although, there are a lot of skin care products available in the market, which could effectively solve these problems, they also dig a deep hole in your pocket.
The one question every woman asks God is the secret of having a Glowing Skin.Desiring a flawless beauty is not wrong, but using chemical based cosmetics and makeup to look good is nothing but fooling yourself. Such products can make you look good for a short span of time, but harms your skin in the worst possible way. The true beauty lies in what you eat and how you lead the life. There are foods that have the power to make you feel good and help your skin glow naturally.
To help you attain a natural glow on your skin, I have compiled a list of Super Foods for that Flawless Younger Looking Skin.
Best Healthy Foods for Glowing Skin:
- Blueberries: Ranked as the number one antioxidant food by nutritionists, a bowl of blueberries can protect your skin from premature aging. You can have blueberries with yogurt or cereals every day to get your daily boost of antioxidants for healthy looking skin.
- Spinach: Green leafy vegetables are rich in minerals, nutrients and antioxidants that makes your immune system stronger. Spinach is filled with vitamins B, C, and E, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids that boost your digestion, removes toxins, good for eyes and boost blood flow in skin making you look younger.
- Tomatoes: Lycopene, the anti-aging antioxidant is found in tomatoes, which gets easily absorbed in your body and boosts our skin renewal process. So, if you want that spotless skin, opt to eat some tomatoes before applying it on your skin.
- Wild Salmon: Omega-3 fatty acids are very essential in your body to make the skin supple and moisturized so that it doesn’t lose the elasticity. Wild Salmon is one such food which is tasty to eat and keeps your skin moisturized from the inside. Bake it in olive oil with some spices or grill it and sever it with fresh salad, either way salmon is good for health and it also suffice the need for Vitamin D in your body.
- Oysters: Once called as an aphrodisiac by researchers, Oyster is a good source of zinc that regenerates the skin renewal and repair in your body. If you have brittle nails, dull hair and tired eyes, eating Oysters will not only perish these problems, but it will also make you feel beautiful with every bite.
- Walnuts: Most of the people will give advice for using a walnut based scrub or cream for your skin. Well, instead of going for the artificial thing, eat walnuts everyday as one bowl can give you healthy hair, shining eyes, strong bones and smooth skin. Walnut is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E both known for their power to repair damage skin.
- Beans: One of the best source of protein is through beans and legumes. Protein is very essential in your body to repair damage cells. Consuming protein rich diet with Vitamin C helps the body to break it down into amino acids that speed up the repair and regeneration of skin cells.
- Avocados: Mostly this fruit is consumed as a healthy option for butter, but Avocado also contains high amount of biotin, an important nutrient for preventing dry skin, brittle nails and hair.
- Kiwis: Wrinkles and pigmentation are the two main problems associated with skin aging. Kiwis is loaded with antioxidants and vitamin c which is good for healthy skin, bones and teeth. Also, consuming this fruit will keep heart disease and cancer cells at bay.
- Green Tea: A healthy beverage one can enjoy daily without worrying about the dead calories. Green Tea is a great source of polyphenols which cleans your system, hydrates the body and burns unwanted fat from body.
- Dark Chocolate: Though considered as a sin, eating dark Chocolate will always do well to your body. Dark chocolate protects your skin from sun damage and locks the moisture in your skin. If you’re suffering from acne issue, eat small amount of dark chocolate every day to balance the hormones in order to keep the digestive system clean.
- Yogurt: Did you know that one cup of low-fat yogurt contains more calcium than a one big glass of low-fat milk? Yes, that’s a fact. Eating yogurt is not only good for your teeth, bones, but also great for the skin as it provides natural moisture to the skin cells. Eating yogurt with some fruits can curb down your midday hunger pangs effectively.
Hope, with the data, you will get enough inspiration and guidance to live a healthy life, also get beautiful radiant skin effortlessly.
Adult acne is the nightmare for most of the women who are in their twenties or early thirties. These acne are completely different from the acne you get in teens. Most of the time, you get acne on the T Zone of your face, but when it comes to Adult Acne, they appear on the side of your face – more on the V cut. No matter what you do, they seems to be pop out on the side of your cheek. The worst things is you can’t actually do anything about it as they appear because of the hormonal imbalance your body is facing. Also, trying to burst this pimple might give you a blemish scar which you won’t like at all.
The first step you should do if you are facing adult acne is stop using any whitening cream as it will worsen your skin. Such creams contains high amount of chemicals that will irritate your sensitive cream which cause more acne to appear on cheek area. Use face wash which contains salicylic acid which acts as an antibacterial on your skin and removes dust or impurities that causes acne. For the rest, you can use some easy homemade remedies to fight adult acne.
Remedies to Clear Adult Acne
Green Tea Cubes: We all know that green tea contains anti-oxidants that cleanse your body. The same way it will work on your skin. All you need to do is get some green tea and boil it in a clean water. Let the tea cool down. Now drain the clear liquid into ice tray and freeze them. Use it on your face daily. Green tea will not only help you cleanse your skin, but give soothing effect and also close down the open pores.
Yoghurt and Baking Soda Mask: The reason behind having adult acne is the clogged pores which can be due to excessive oil secretion, dust and pollution. To clean your pores from deep within, take two tablespoon of yoghurt and mix half a teaspoon of baking soda in it. Wet your face and apply this mask. Wait for 5 minutes and wash with warm water. If you feel tingling sensation, don’t get scared. This happens as baking soda act as exfoliating agent on your skin and removes all the impurities from the pores. Apply twice a week for best results.
Clear it With Epsom Salts: The one thing you need to control while battling adult acne is the excessive secretion of oil glands. Epsom salts work great on the oil glands making them calm and restore the oil balance on your face. All you need is to add them to your cleanser twice a week and give a gentle scrub to your face. This will help you to control the excessive oil of your face and remove dead skin leaving your skin fresh.
Lightening Lemon Juice: The most difficult part of having adult acne is the scars that are left behind on your skin. Dab some lemon juice on the affected area and wash it off with warm water. If lemon juice is too harsh on your skin, then try some fresh aloe vera gel twice a day on the skin. This will lighten your blemish making skin look younger.
Having an adult acne can be a huge problem, especially when you love to socialize. Don’t break your bank account to get miracle creams as the remedy to this problem lies in your kitchen. The best thing to eat healthy, drink lots of water and workout so your body hormone cycle gets balanced. Avoid stress as it won’t help much. The best way to treat acne is through a natural process which has no side effects.
Have you ever faced embarrassment when someone looks at your heels and comments “Ewww”?
Do you often try to hide your feet from others to see when in public?
If your answer to the above questions is yes, then don’t worry you’re not alone. Almost every person have dry skin or cracked heel problems which tends to get worse in winter. There are many people especially women who wish to carry on with that good looking dress with matching sandals. But they couldn’t do that because of their cracked heels. They often try to hide their feet with socks or longer feet covering dresses or sarees. Such long sarees or dresses often make it difficult to walk or you may also lose balance and injure yourself. So if you have cracked heels don’t try to hide it instead try to understand the causes of cracked heels and heal them.
The main reason behind cracked heels is the result of ignorance towards foot care, lack of moisture and over exposure of feet to dry weather and dust. Continuous pressure on the soles make the feet expand sideways resulting skin to crack.
Common reasons for having cracked heels are:
- Cold or dry weather in winter
- Dehydration of skin or Dry Skin
- Lack of moisture in feet
- Soaking feet in hot water for longer time
- Hot bath
- Excessive usage of harsh soap
- Scrubbing feet till the skin gets chipped or dry
Home remedies to tend cracked rough heels:
- Massage your heels with sesame oil before you hit the bed. Sesame oil is apparently the best remedy for cracked heels.
- Massage your heels with warm coconut oil. Rinse it in the morning to get soft heels.
- Mix glycerin with few drops of rosewater and apply the mix on the heels daily. This will soothes cracked heels and reduces the pain in heels.
- Take 1/4th bucket of warm water and squeeze one lemon in it. Soak your feet for 10 minutes and wash it with pumice stone. You can use raw salt instead to get natural pedicure for your feet and this will exfoliate dead skin too. If your cracked heels tend to bleed, avoid putting lemon in water or scrubbing feet with pumice stone.
- Prepare a mixture of lemon juice and papaya; apply on the cracked heels. Let it be there for 20 minutes at least and wash off.
- Apply fresh aloe vera on your cracked heels to make them softer naturally. You can also prepare a mixture of aloe vera gel, ½ tsp. of turmeric, ½ tsp. of Tulsi paste and pinch of camphor; apply daily on your cracked heels before sleeping. Rinse in morning.
- Take a ripe banana, mash it and apply on the affected areas. Let the mixture be there for 15 minutes at least and wash off.
- One can also create foot scrub at home. Mix sugar with any oil (coconut oil, sesame oil or oil of your choice) and scrub your feet in regular motion. It will not only cure your cracked heels but also remove dead skin from your feet.
- Last but the most important tip; drink lots and lots of water to keep your skin hydrated.
Other Tips to Keep Your Heels for Longer Time:
- Wear shoes of exact size. Thin sole shoes expose your feet to dust resulting into cracked feet.
- Scrub and Exfoliate your feet regularly.
- Moisturize your feet regularly especially heels.
- Wash your feet when you come home from outside
- Use good creams for your feet.
Chapped lips and winter always go hand in hand. I tend to lick my lips when they are dry and most of the time in night, I breath from my mouth resulting into chapped lips in morning. The biggest problem with the chapped lips is it gets sore because of bleeding and you just can’t hide them even with the best lipstick. I have tried loads of lip balm to get softer lips but in vain. So, this time I have decided to save my money and try some of the grandmother tips.
Remedies for Chapped Lips:
- Honey contains moisturizing properties. Apply some honey on your lips several times a day. It will make your lips softer and heal the cracks. Also it tastes good when you lick them.
- Mix together one tsp. each of glycerin, few drops of lemon juice and castor oil. Apply this on your lips and leave it overnight. Wash with warm water in the morning. This will restore the softness of your lips.
- Apply Ghee (clarified butter) on your lips whenever you feel they are dry. Ghee restores moisture and gives soothing effect on chapped lips
- Make a paste of honey and Vaseline and apply on the lips for 10-15 minutes. Remove it by using a cotton ball dipped in rose water.
Lipcare: Do’s and Don’ts:
- Always apply sunscreen on your lips before stepping out to avoid getting dark, dry and patchy lips
- Keep your body hydrated by drinking lots of water. People who do not drink sufficient water are prone to have dry skin problem.
- Never peel dead skin from your lips as your lips will bleed more.
- To get rid of dead cells on your lips, use a soft tooth brush every day in the morning. Apply ghee after this to restore moisture on your lips.
- Avoid licking or biting your lips as it causes more chapping.
- Include Vitamin A rich food, like, carrots, tomatoes and green leafy vegetables in your daily diet.
- Apply lip balm or ghee every night prior to sleeping.
- If you have cold, make sure your nose is clean so that you can breathe easily in night while sleeping.
So, here you have all the tips to have fuller and softer lips this winter. Don’t forget to comment and share your tips to treat chapped lips in winter.