Wedding Special: 10 Smart Fitness Exercises for Soon To Be Brides
Marriage season is here and every guy or girl who is about to get married soon often be on their toes to look best on their special day. The extensive planning starts with what you are going to wear from shiny shoes to hair & make up and so on. Most of the guys hit the gym to look their very best on the wedding day. Whereas the brides go on a diet and fitness regimen months before their wedding day. But, with so much to do – from choosing the wedding attire, shoes, make up, food, invitation – most of the brides don’t get sufficient time to follow fitness routine.
Every girl dream for a picture perfect wedding look since the day she experiences the first crush or start dream about her “Mr. Perfect”. But, even with the best makeup, gorgeous clothes, best shoes, you won’t be able to get the confidence in front of camera or people which you can get with a fit body.
So, to get that perfect “Hour Glass Figure”, I bring you a set of 10 exercises which you can practice every day in you living room with the help of a yoga mat and some weights.
- Skipping: Before practicing any exercise targeted to specific part of body, it’s best to do proper warm up to release tension from body muscles. Skipping is great cardio exercise which prepares your body for advance level exercise and burns calories. Do skipping for 1 minute daily before doing any exercise.
- Lunges: You don’t need any equipment for this exercise a practiced in front of TV. Practicing lunges 10-15 reps daily will tone your lower body muscles for that fabulous shape you always desire. To do a lunge, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, take a step forward with your right foot, just few feet in front of you. Bend both legs to a 90-degree angle until your back knee is close to the ground, but remember it not to touch it on floor. You can now feel the stretch in your thighs and calf area. Slowly, push up with your legs and bring your feet back together into the original standing position. Practice this for 1 minute (30 seconds for each leg).
- Kickbacks: If you have a big butt problem, Kickbacks will not only tone your butts but also give flexibility to back muscles also. Start on your hand and knees on yoga mat. Pull one knee up and bend till it touches your chest and then slowly extend leg behind you. Remember that you don’t have to kick your leg upward but into a straight line. Repeat it with other leg. Practice this 1 minute everyday (30 seconds for each leg.
- Squats: If you want a great back side then doing squats daily will slim your butt, thighs and legs. Squats are one of the best exercises you can do to tone your entire lower body without any equipment. To perform this super easy exercise, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, lower your body so that your thighs get parallel to the ground. Push your body back in the standing position. Make sure you don’t lock your knees or bend your back while practicing squats. Aim for 1 minute squats daily to get perfect toned lower body.
- Bicep Curls: You definitely want to flaunt your toned arms in front of your groom and guest. Use dumbbells for this exercise and if you don’t have one then grab 2 similar sized water bottles. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, weights in each hand firmly at your side, palms facing inward. Lift your weights up to your shoulders and back down again, rotating your palms to face the front of your body. You back should be in straight position all the time. Follow this routine for one minute daily.
- Shoulder Press: To carry your wedding gown in the best way, it important that you have nice toned shoulders. For Shoulder Press, you can use dumbbells or equal sized water bottles. Start in a standing position with feel shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent. Hold your weights firmly in your arms at shoulder height with palms facing inward. Push both weights up above your head, extending your arms above your head. Slowly bring your weights back to the starting position at your shoulders. Repeat this exercise for 1 minute.
- Triceps Dips: Now, you must be thinking that its being practices by males but you are wrong. Triceps dips are the easiest way to tone arm muscles and back. Start in a sitting position with your hands shoulder-width apart on a sturdy chair or bench. Keep your arms straight, with a little bend in them to keep the tension off of your elbows. Bend your elbows and lower your body until your elbows form a 90-degree angle with the floor. Then, push back up to your starting position. Aim for 30 sec to 1 minute every day.
- Planks: Every bride wishes to have flat abs under her gown, especially if it’s fit around midsection. Planks are great if you wish to tone your upper abs without breaking much of a sweat. Start in a push-up position, keeping your back and hip in a straight line. Put your hands directly under your shoulders and keep your feet together. Hold this position for at least 1 minute. You can also practice side plank to loose side bulge. Lie down on right arms on yoga mat, elbows bend and hands firmly on the ground. Now lift your body upwards and hold this position for 30 seconds. Repeat it for the other side.
- Leg Lifts: Most of the women complain of having belly. Leg lifts work on your lower abdomen area making the center muscles tighter. To practice leg lift, start by lying on your back on the floor with your arms at your sides. Use your ab muscles to pull your legs straight up in the air, lifting your butt slightly off of the floor. Slowly lower your legs back down to the ground in starting position. Aim for 10 repetitions daily to tone your lower abs.
- Side Crunches: Most of hate doing side crunches, but it’s the best exercise to get that flat abs. Lie on your back on yoga mat and hands behind your head. Slowly lift your shoulders off the floor and try touching right hand elbow to left leg knee. Repeat this with left hand elbow to right hand knee. Make sure you don’t jerk while doing crisscross crunches.
You have to realize that losing weight should not be your goal for the marriage. It’s important to tone your muscles by practicing proper exercise and healthy diet practice. Avoid heavy meals before wedding parties, drink plenty of water and most importantly be happy for what you are.
Remember, looking good is important but it cannot be only achieved by a slim body but with the glow of happiness that light your face.
Are you a soon to be bride or already married? Let us know if you have some tips to share with our readers in the comments below.